Olive Oil Cooking Spray
4 small beets (golden and/or red)
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground pepper, divided
1/4 cup sliced unsalted almonds
1/4 cup plain whole -milk greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh orange juice, plus 2 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp whole-grain dijon mustard
1 tbsp raspberry wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
1 5-oz package baby arugula
2 cups stemmed and sliced strawberries
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat over to 375F. Roast beets: Cut a large square of foil and mist with cooking spray. Wrap beets tightly in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 to 50 minutes, until tender. Let cook, then remove skin and chop.
- Preheat a grill to medium. Arrange asparagus on a large baking sheet or plate and mist with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times, until tender and grilll marks appear. Cool; chop into 1 inch lengths.
- In a small skillet on medium-low, add almonds and toast until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, orange juice and zest, oil, mustard, vinegar, garlic, tarragon and remaining 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
- To a large bowl, add arugula, strawberries, beets, asparagus, almonds and cheese. Drizzle dressing over salad.
Nutrients per serving (2 cups):
204 calories; 12 g fat; 4 g sat fat; 6 g monounsaturated fat; 1.5 g polyunsaaturated fat;19 g carbohydrates; 5 g fiber; 11.5 g sugars; 8 g protein; 331 mg sodium;
9 mg cholesterol
Estelle L. Benoit, RD, LDN
CleanEating June 2015