Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 15 mins
.½ C soy sauce
.¼ C brown sugar
.¼ C Mirin rice wine
.1 T fresh ginger or ½ tsp ground ginger
.3T Olive Oil
.1 Package of Broccoli Slaw
.Homemade teriyaki sauce
.Egg Roll Wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2.To make Teriyaki Sauce:
3. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar and Mirin rice wine in small sauce pan over medium/high heat.
4. Bring to a boil and continue cooking until the sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Remove from heat and add grated or ground ginger.
6. In separate skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium/high heat.
7. Add broccoli slaw and stir fry till tender.
8. Add enough homemade Teriyaki sauce to taste.
9. To make the eggrolls:
10. Take one eggroll wrapper and place on a cutting board or plate.
11. Spoon about 3 Tbsp of the filling into the middle on a diagonal.
12. Fold one corner over the filling tightly. Then take the side corners and wrap tightly from the side. Using your finger brush a bit of water on the remaining corner and roll the egg roll tightly, sealing with the final corner.
13. Place seam side down on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all of the filling is gone.
14. Lightly brush the egg rolls with the remaining olive oil.
15.Bake at 400 for 15 minutes, until browned and crisp.
Estelle L. Benoit, RDN, LDN